DSM&T Is Now ISO 9001:2015 Certified!
DSM&T Company is proud to announce that we are now ISO 9001:2015 certified! As of January 2017 our main production plant in California as well as our secondary production facility in Mexico, have passed the ISO certification process with flying colors.
What is ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 is a standard that sets out the requirements for a quality management system. It helps businesses and organizations to be more efficient and improve customer satisfaction.
It is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology, which helps organizations establish, implement, monitor and measure their processes to deliver results that align with the organization’s requirements and continually improve performance by taking appropriate action.
The newly revised version is ISO 9001:2015. This is the first major revision of the standard since 2000, and it has been written with today’s business challenges in mind.
What is a Quality Management System?
- A quality management system is a way of defining how an organization can meet the requirements of its customers and other stakeholders affected by its work.
- ISO 9001 is based on the idea of continual improvement.
- It doesn’t specify what the objectives relating to “quality” or “meeting customer needs” should be, but requires organizations to define these objectives themselves and continually improve their processes in order to reach them.
What are the benefits?
Of the many benefits of ISO 9001:2015, these are the three most significant:
- It provides a framework for a well-organized QMS.
- It creates satisfied customers, management and employees.
- It helps companies continually improve.
If you have any questions regarding our ISO standards of quality or any other compliance related matter, reach out to our Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance manager.
| Gregg Donahey
Quality Assurance & Regulatory Compliance Manager